Support for business
Town Centre Small Business PPE Grant
*Updated 26 October 2020*
Applications for this grant have now closed
If you run a small business in one of South Lanarkshire’s eligible town centres you can apply for a £100 grant to help with the cost of Covid-19 public health measures.
Applications are invited from businesses located in any of the following town centres: Rutherglen, Cambuslang, Blantyre, Larkhall, Carluke, Strathaven, Bothwell, Uddingston, Stonehouse, Kirkmuirhill and Blackwood, Lesmahagow, Law, Biggar, Forth, Douglas, Ashgill, Carnwath, Coalburn and Kirkfieldbank
Please note that businesses must fall within the town centre boundary as defined in the South Lanarkshire Local Plan.
Unfortunately applications cannot be considered from businesses in towns where there is a Business Improvement District or if the town centre is under commercial management.
What is being funded?
Grants can be used towards costs that have been incurred or towards costs to be incurred. Eligible expenditure can include:
- PPE such as face masks, visors or gloves for use by staff or visitors.
- Hand sanitiser and sanitiser dispensing units.
- Protective screens installed at cash desks and other public interface areas.
- Internal signage related to public safety.
- Other items which South Lanarkshire Council, at its sole discretion considers appropriate
Who can apply?
Small businesses only. To be eligible for consideration the applicant business must:
- Operate from business premises that are accessed by the public.
- Be within the eligible town centre boundary as defined by the South Lanarkshire Local Plan. Businesses in towns where there is a Business Improvement District or if the town centre is under commercial management cannot be considered.
- Have no more than 3 separate business outlets.
- Have no more than 5 FTE employees per business outlet.
When can I apply?
The fund is now closed. Please note that funding available is limited and will be awarded on a first come first served basis based on applications being received by the council.