Published Thursday, 07 June 2018
We are looking for your views on our draft Shared BSL Plan for Lanarkshire.
The BSL National Plan 2017 - 2023 was published on 24 October 2017. It has 10 long-term goals which were co-produced with BSL users across Scotland.
This draft Shared BSL Plan for Lanarkshire reflects these same long-term goals and sets out the actions North Lanarkshire Council, South Lanarkshire Council and NHS Lanarkshire will take from 2018 - 2024. It sets out our collective intentions on how we will:
- improve communication and access to services for people who use BSL in Lanarkshire
- promote the use of and understanding of BSL across our areas of authority.
There is also an English language version of the draft Plan and consultation questions which can be downloaded and printed off.
If you would like to comment on this draft Plan you can do this in a number of ways:
- Respond online to our short survey
- Comment by email to email@example.com
Consultation, Organisational Development and Equality
Finance and Corporate Resources
South Lanarkshire Council
Hamilton, ML3 0AA
You can also come along to one of our community engagement events:
- Friday 15 June 2018 in Deaf Services Lanarkshire, Fountain Business Centre, Ellis Street, Coatbridge ML5 3AA, 2pm - 4pm and 4pm - 6pm
- Tuesday 19 June 2018 at Hamilton Deaf Club, St John's Church, Duke Street, Hamilton, ML3 7DT, 10am - 12-noon
- Saturday 23 June 2018 in Bellshill Cultural Centre, John Street, Bellshill, ML4 1RJ, 1:30pm - 3:30pm
The consultation is open until midnight on Friday 13 July.
The final Plan will be published on this website by 24 October 2018.