Community wish list
Community wish list is a new way that local communities can make requests, or wishes, for specific support from council suppliers or contractors that will benefit their community, projects, and causes.
The main advantage of this is communities can make requests that best meet their needs and allows suppliers who provide goods and services to the council to support these requests.
Below are some examples of wishes:
- We would like support to build a 2m fence around our proposed allotment area. In addition, we require sheds and support tools, and materials to build the area for our community
- We would like financial support to extend our foodbank due to the current cost of living crisis. Help with food vouchers, and electric and gas top-ups for those in need who attend our project
You can also view our example and live wishes by viewing our current wish list.
Who can apply?
The application form is open to any community group, organisation, association, or charity in South Lanarkshire.
How to apply
Please read the following conditions carefully before completing your application:
- projects or proposed wishes will be subject to contractors' funding streams at that time
- projects and activities must directly benefit people living in the South Lanarkshire authority area
- the project should be planned and/or delivered within the contactor/supplier’s deadlines
- the project must provide added value, award funding should not be used to replace any mainstream budgets
- a grant acceptance form and conditions of grant form must be completed by all successful projects
What we can’t fund
- activities or events that are targeted to people who do not live in South Lanarkshire.
- creation of paid employment opportunities
- construction (homes, premises, shops, facilities, roads)
- profitable activities
- insurance/licence fees (with the exception of Temporary Public Entertainment Licences)
- a request which serves one individual, family, or informal group, for example, friends
- a request that concerns land or property your group or organisation does not own
Please use our online form to submit your wish.