Carluke Household Waste and Recycling Centre
|Name||Carluke Household Waste and Recycling Centre|
|COVID-19 arrangements||Only visit the site if you have no COVID-19 symptoms
- access is for South Lanarkshire residents only. Please bring proof of address
- standard-sized vans and single-axle trailers now permitted 7 days a week (vans up to and including small transit size, this does not include long wheel base vans)
- Trade waste accepted Monday to Friday 8am - 2.30pm (charges apply)
- there will be a queuing system. A limited number of cars will be allowed inside at a time
- once parked, only two people from the same household can exit each car
- staff will not be able to help you unload
- maintain physical distancing and take instruction from site staff re correct disposal
- all waste streams are now accepted following COVID-19 restrictions
|Address||Castlehill Industrial Estate|
|Opening times||From 1 April 2021:
Mon - Fri: 8am-8pm (closed 12.30pm-1pm and 5pm-5.30pm daily)
Sat - Sun: 8am - 5pm (closed 12.30pm-1pm daily)
Public holidays: 8am - 5pm
Last entry to this site from Monday to Sunday will be 15 minutes before it closes. Residents will be denied access after this time.
The site closes completely for health and safety reasons when skips are being emptied/moved.
|Description||You will find Carluke civic amenity/recycling centre behind the waste transfer station in Castlehill Industrial Estate, Carluke.
~It has separate skips for green waste, cardboard, scrap metal, construction waste and general waste.
~You can also recycle textiles and books
~Redundant fridges and car batteries can also be left at the site.
~Currently there are no facilities to dispose of motor oil.
~The site now also accepts waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) including fridges, freezers, fluorescent light bulbs, televisions and monitors for recycling purposes.
~Fridges/freezer MUST be emptied of all food and defrosted
~Liquid paint cannot be disposed of at this site.
~Gas bottles and canisters used for camping and barbeques, together with household fire extinguishers can be recycled at this site. Commercial, acetylene, industrial size cylinders and large CO2 cylinders will NOT be accepted.
~ There is no facility to dispose of glass at this site.
The site is attended and assistance is normally available (however not during coronavirus pandemic)
|Vans or cars with trailers||Standard-sized vans and single-axle trailers now permitted 7 days a week (vans up to and including small transit size, this does not include long wheel base vans)|
|Health and safety||There is no pedestrian access to this recycling centre and children/pets should remain in vehicles at all times. Smoking is not permitted on site.|
|Commercial waste||Trade waste (via tipping vouchers) accepted Monday to Friday 8am - 2.30pm (charges apply)|
|Phone||0303 123 1020|