East Kilbride Waste and Recycling Centre
|Name||East Kilbride Waste and Recycling Centre|
|COVID-19 arrangements||Only visit the site if you have no COVID-19 symptoms
- access is for South Lanarkshire residents only. Please bring proof of address
- standard-sized vans and single-axle trailers now permitted 7 days a week (vans up to and including small transit size, this does not include long wheel base vans)
- Trade waste 7 days a week (charges apply)
- there will be a queuing system. A limited number of cars will be allowed inside at a time
- once parked, only two people from the same household can exit each car
- staff will not be able to help you unload
- maintain physical distancing and take instruction from site staff re correct disposal
- all waste streams are now accepted again following COVID-19 restrictions
|Address||Peel Park Industrial Estate|
|Opening times||From 1 April 2021:
Mon to Fri 9am - 8pm
Sat 9am - 7pm
Sun 9am - 6pm
Last entry to this site from Monday to Sunday will be 15 minutes before it closes. Residents will be denied access after this time.
The site closes completely for health and safety reasons when skips are being emptied/moved.
|Closures||This site will close at 6pm from Monday 17 May to Friday 21 May due to road resurfacing works on Peel Park Place. Last entry to site will be at 5.45pm on these dates.|
|Description||East Kilbride civic amenity/recycling site sits off the Queensway, East Kilbride is operated by Viridor on behalf of South Lanarkshire Council. There are skips for green waste, scrap metal, construction waste, cardboard and general waste. Facilities are also provided for the disposal of bottles and jars, food and drinks cans, paper, textiles and books. Banks for the disposal of used motor oil and car batteries are also provided. The site now also accepts waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) including fridges, freezers, fluorescent light bulbs, televisions and monitors for recycling purposes.
Fridges/freezer MUST be emptied of all food and defrosted
Liquid paint cannot be disposed of at this site.
Gas bottles and canisters used for camping and barbeques, together with household fire extinguishers can be recycled at this site. Commercial, acetylene, industrial size cylinders and large CO2 cylinders will NOT be accepted.
This site is attended and assistance is normally available (however not during coronavirus pandemic)
|Vans or cars with trailers||Standard-sized vans and single-axle trailers now permitted 7 days a week (vans up to and including small transit size, this does not include long wheel base vans)|
|Health and safety||There is no pedestrian access to this recycling centre and children/pets should remain in vehicles at all times. Smoking is not permitted on site.|
|Commercial waste||Trade waste accepted 7 days a week (payable to Viridor directly at time of visit)|
|Phone||For complaints call 0141 781 9151|