Eastfield Waste and Recycling Centre
|Name||Eastfield Waste and Recycling Centre|
|COVID-19 arrangements||Only visit the site if you have no COVID-19 symptoms
- access is for South Lanarkshire residents only. Please bring proof of address
- standard-sized vans and single-axle trailers now permitted 7 days a week (vans up to and including small transit size, this does not include long wheel base vans)
- Trade waste 7 days a week (charges apply)
- there will be a queuing system. A limited number of cars will be allowed inside at a time
- once parked, only two people from the same household can exit each car
- staff will not be able to help you unload
- maintain physical distancing and take instruction from site staff re correct disposal
- all waste streams are now accepted again following COVID-19 restrictions
|Opening times||Mon to Fri 9am-8pm
Sun 9am- 6pm
From 1 October 2020:
Mon to Sun 8am - 5pm
The site closes completely for health and safety reasons when skips are being emptied/moved.
|Description||Eastfield civic amenity/recycling site is a modern facility is situated off the main Rutherglen to Cambuslang Road and is operated by Viridor on behalf of the Council. Bays are provided for the disposal of general waste, construction waste, cardboard, green waste and scrap metal. Banks for the disposal of car batteries and used engine oil are provided as are facilities for recycling glass bottles and jars, food and drinks cans, paper and textiles. The site now also accepts waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) including fridges, freezers, fluorescent light bulbs, televisions and monitors for recycling purposes.
Fridges/freezer MUST be emptied of all food and defrosted
Liquid paint cannot be disposed of at this site.
Gas bottles and canisters used for camping and barbeques, together with household fire extinguishers can be recycled at this site. Commercial, acetylene, industrial size cylinders and large CO2 cylinders will NOT be accepted.
The site is attended and assistance is normally available (however not during coronavirus pandemic). Enquiries relating to the provision of services at this site should be referred to Viridor Waste Management as detailed below. Alternatively, if you would like general information on South Lanarkshire's recycling facilities, please contact 0303 123 1020 (local rate call).
|Vans or cars with trailers||Standard-sized vans and single-axle trailers now permitted 7 days a week (vans up to and including small transit size, this does not include long wheel base vans)|
|Health and safety||There is no pedestrian access to this recycling centre and children/pets should remain in vehicles at all times. Smoking is not permitted on site.|
|Commercial waste||Trade waste (via tipping vouchers) on Tuesdays and Thursdays only (charges apply)|
|Phone||0141 781 9151|