Larkhall Waste and Recycling Centre
|Name||Larkhall Waste and Recycling Centre|
|COVID-19 arrangements||Only visit the site if you have no COVID-19 symptoms
- access is for South Lanarkshire residents only. Please bring proof of address
- standard-sized vans and single-axle trailers now permitted 7 days a week (vans up to and including small transit size, this does not include long wheel base vans)
- no trade waste
- there will be a queuing system. A limited number of cars will be allowed inside at a time
- once parked, only two people from the same household can exit each car
- staff will not be able to help you unload
- maintain physical distancing and take instruction from site staff re correct disposal
- all waste streams are now accepted again following COVID-19 restrictions
|Address||Strutherhill Industrial Estate|
|Opening times||From 1 October 2020:
Mon to Sun 8am - 5pm
The site closes completely for health and safety reasons when skips are being emptied/moved.
|Festive closures||This site will be closed on Christmas Day (25 December) and New Year’s Day (1 January). Opening times on other days are the same as regular winter opening times.|
|Description||Larkhall civic amenity/recycling centre is a small site on the Strutherhill Industrial Estate off the main Larkhall to Stonehouse road is operated by Viridor. It has skips for general waste, construction waste, cardboard, green waste and scrap metal. There are banks for car batteries and used engine oil and facilities for recycling glass bottles and jars, food and drinks cans, paper and textiles. The site now also accepts waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) including fridges, freezers, fluorescent light bulbs, televisions and monitors for recycling purposes.
Fridges/freezer MUST be emptied of all food and defrosted.
Liquid paint cannot be disposed of at this site.
Gas bottles and canisters used for camping and barbeques, together with household fire extinguishers can be recycled at this site. Commercial, acetylene, industrial size cylinders and large CO2 cylinders will NOT be accepted.
The site is attended and assistance is normally available (however not during coronavirus pandemic). Enquiries about services at this site should be referred to Viridor Waste Management as detailed below. If you would like general information on recycling in South Lanarkshire please contact 0303 123 1020 (local call rate).
|Vans or cars with trailers||Standard-sized vans and single-axle trailers now permitted 7 days a week (vans up to and including small transit size, this does not include long wheel base vans)|
|Health and safety||There is no pedestrian access to this recycling centre and children/pets should remain in vehicles at all times. Smoking is not permitted on site.|
|Phone||For complaints call 0141 781 9151|