Notice of proposed amendments to the Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils
South Lanarkshire Council - Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973
Proposed Amendments to the Council's - Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils
Notice is hereby given that South Lanarkshire Council, in exercise of the powers conferred upon it by Section 53 (1) of the above mentioned Act and in exercise of their powers in terms of paragraph 9 of Schedule 6 of the Coronavirus (Scotland) Act 2020, proposes to amend the Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils.
A Special meeting of the Council, held on 23 September 2020, agreed to an initial public consultation exercise on the proposed amendments to the Scheme to be held over an eight week period, ending on Tuesday 1 December 2020.
Find out more about the proposed amendments and explanation to the current Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils.
Anyone who wishes to make any comments on the draft proposed changes should do so no later than Tuesday 1 December 2020 at 4pm by: emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the Community Council Liaison Officer, Administration and Legal Services, Finance and Corporate Resources, Council Offices, Floor 2, Almada Street, Hamilton ML3 0AA.
6 October 2020
- Notice of proposed amendments to the Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils
- Proposed amendments to the Scheme for Establishment of Community Councils
- Community Councils
- What they do
- Starting a community council in your area
- How do I join my community council?
- Funding for community councils
- Community Councils - Related publications
- Community Councils in the Cambuslang and Rutherglen area
- Community Councils in the Clydesdale area
- Community Councils in the East Kilbride area
- Community Councils in the Hamilton area
- Administration Grant Uses
- Community Council Elections