Grants from the area committees
Are you part of a community group or organisation which is non-profit making and which benefits the local area and brings people together?
Our community grant scheme help groups:
- start up
- buy equipment
- publicise their activities
- take on environmental projects or initiatives that promote sustainability
- go on outings and to help with entrance fees
The grant cannot cover:
- retrospective applications after the project or event
- ongoing running costs
- grants to individuals undertaking any educational events
- help with trips abroad
- buying strips or uniforms
- capital works of any kind to premises
- buying vehicles
Who can apply?
You can apply if your group:
- is based in South Lanarkshire and is non-profit making
- has adopted a constitution or a set of rules
- has a bank or building society account in the name of the organisation and you keep audited accounts or income and expenditure accounts
You can't apply if:
- you are an individual
- your organisation supports political aims and objectives
- your group makes profits
- your group promotes religious activities unless the award will be used for non-religious community work, eg church guilds
To apply fill out and return the Grant application form. (This can be completed electronically but must be signed before it can be emailed to us).
Your application must be accompanied by a Conditions of grant form which must be signed by two office bearers. The hard copy of this form must be posted to us.
For more information on the level of grant funding available or help with applying see the Community grant information sheet.