BSL Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Children in entertainment: performance licence application

You may need a child entertainment licence if your production or activity includes children and young people who attend school.  Productions and activities include:

  • television
  • theatre
  • modelling
  • sport

You need a licence so we can make sure that the child's learning and wellbeing are protected during the production or activity.

How to apply for a performance licence

To apply for a licence, download the performance licence application form.  Applications must be received at least 21 days before the production takes place.  The application form is in two parts as set out below. 

Completed forms should be sent to:

  • Education Resources, Operations Service, 13th Floor, Council Offices, Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA.

Television, Theatre or Production Company

Part 1 should be filled out by the television, theatre or production company and must include the following documents:

  • A copy of the child’s contract
  • A copy of the risk assessment

Parent/carer of the child

Part 2 should be filled out by the parent/carer and must include the following:

  • the child's birth certificate or other satisfactory evidence of the child's age
  • two passport sized photographs of the child, taken during the six months before the application
  • authorisation from the Head Teacher - if your child will be absent from school for the performance

How we will deal with the application

The application will be checked and we will send a copy of the licence to the television, theatre or production company and a copy to the parent/carer.



Education Resources

Phone: 0303 123 1023
Email: Education Resources