Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Changing schools during term-time

Moving house

If you are moving house during the school term, you can transfer your child to the catchment school for your new address. You can check the catchment schools by using our catchment area checker

You can choose for your child to remain at their current school by making a Request to Remain. You can get a Request to Remain application form from your child's school. Please note that you will not be eligible for school transport if you choose this option.

If you wish your child to attend a different school, you can make a placing request (see note). 

Transferring schools during term time

If you wish to transfer your child to a different school for any other reason, you can do this by making a placing request (see note). 

Please note

You will not be eligible for school transport if you make a placing request. Placing requests can take up to 2 months to process.

For more advice or assistance, please contact Education Resources Support Services on 0303 123 1023.