Taxi/private hire car operator's licence
Clydesdale zone - Taxi meter fares
Exclusive hire means that a single fare is payable by any one passenger for the exclusive hire of a taxi or private hire car, whether or not more than one passenger is carried.
Hire of taxi or private hire car (fitted with a taxi meter):-
- not exceeding one mile £3.50
- for each additional 88 yards or any part thereof 13 pence - (an average two mile hire of £6.10)
Fares for waiting time – 27 pence for each period of one minute or any part thereof £16.20 per hour.
Soilage charge - the hirer will pay a soilage charge of £50 if the vehicle is soiled due to sickness caused by alcohol or drugs, any take-away spillage or any other fouling of the vehicle. It shall not be charged if the vehicle is soiled either due to a child being sick or due to genuine illness.
Called out but not used charge - when a taxi is called out but not used,a charge not exceeding the fare which would have been payable by the hirer in the event of the taxi being used, shall be payable.
Call out charge - for hirings where a taxi is called to hirer's home or other address a call out charge up to a maximum of £10 is payable. If such a call out charge is to be levied, the driver/operator must obtain the hirer's agreement in advance.
- a surcharge of 1/3rd of the normal metered fare may be charged for each hire between midnight and 7am. For a journey commenced prior to 7am the night time charge will apply until 7am and thereafter the day time charge will apply. For a journey commenced prior to midnight the daytime rate will apply until midnight and thereafter the night time rate will apply. An additional 50 pence will be added to the flag mile for each Scottish bank holiday.
- a surcharge of 1/2 of the normal metered fare may be charged for each hire from 10pm on 24 December until 26 December and from 10pm on 31 December until midnight 2 January
- a surcharge of 15 pence may be charged for each passenger beyond two
The fares structure comes into operation on 4 August 2023.
- Taxi/private hire car operator's licence
- Guidance for additional wording around door stickers
- Cambuslang and Rutherglen - Taxi meter fares
- Clydesdale zone - Taxi meter fares
- East Kilbride zone - Taxi meter fares
- Hamilton zone - Taxi meter fares
- Access for wheelchair users to taxis and private hire cars
- Conditions of licence - Taxi
- Conditions of licence - Private hire car
- Conditions of licence - vehicle criteria