The current 2023 Secondary school lunch menu finishes on Friday 12 January 2024.
The new 2024 Secondary school lunch menu will start on Monday 15 January 2024.
This menu comprises of the best sellers from previous menus and includes a range of meal options available from breakfast, mid morning and lunchtime.
We have detailed information on allergens for menu items served over breakfast, mid morning and lunchtime.
* Please note: We are adapting menus regularly as a result of shortages in delivery. As much as we try to keep the same selection available to pupils, it will become more difficult over the coming months, whilst meeting the food and drink regulations that govern the service.
Schools that close half day on Friday
The following schools close half day on a Friday and therefore the menu has been adapted to take this into consideration. The menu changes to the 2024 menu on Monday 15 January 2024. These schools are:
- Biggar High
- Carluke High
- Hamilton Grammar
- Lanark Grammar
- Lesmahagow High
Breakfast and mid-morning service
Toast, hot roll with chicken lorne sausage, waffles, rollover, bagel with cheese or flora, fresh fruit, fruit pots, yoghurts, cereal bars and hot and cold drinks
Lunch service queuing has been reconfigured to allow for a quick, Grab and Go service. Our new menu consists of 2 meal deals - 2 courses for only £2.20, these include:
- 2 main meal choices which are previously popular choices and new menu Items
- All meal deal choices come with two portions of vegetables/salad and a seasonal fresh fruit selection
- One of the main meal choices is suitable for a vegetarian diet.
In addition to the meal deals we also offer other snack options including:
- A selection of sandwiches and baguettes with various fillings
- Hot snacks including filled paninis and pizzini
- All snack items come with a side salad included in the price
- Selection of hot and cold drinks
- Yoghurts, fresh fruit, fruit pots, homebaking
- Fresh drinking water is available with all meals
Fusion mobile app
We're excited to share with you our new pre-ordering service that allows pupils to order and pay for food in advance using their mobile phones - no more queuing or looking for change.
For full details on the app and how to get started see the Fusion mobile app page.
ParentPay online payments system
We encourage all parents to activate and use their ParentPay account or use PayPoint facilities to limit the amount of cash being handled in schools. If you haven't set up your ParentPay account yet, just contact the school office to request your activation code.
Your feedback is important to us
To comment on school meals you can email us at GoFreshClub@southlanarkshire.gov.uk or complete and post/email the primary schools Go Fresh Club school meals comments card or Secondary school meals comments card.
- School lunches
- Nutritional information
- Primary schools
- Secondary schools
- Food pledge
- Free school meals
- Adapted diets
- Theme days
- Kids Kitchen cookery classes
- Fusion mobile app for secondary school pupils
- 14 nutritional standards for Primary Schools
- 14 nutritional standards for Secondary Schools
- World Book Day - The pupils who came to tea - Thursday 7 March 2024