We are committed to providing the best possible recruitment service and are working to remove any barriers to equality of opportunity at all stages of the recruitment process.
Our commitment to you as a job applicant is:
- We will treat you in a polite, helpful and friendly manner at all times.
- We will treat the information you provide in confidence. Your details will only be seen by Personnel employees and those managers involved in the recruitment process.
- All applications are made online through My Job Scotland and all communications relating to your application will be managed through this website and the email address you provide.
- If you require adjustments due to a disability, we will be pleased to make any particular arrangements you need to enable you to apply for a post or to attend the selection event. Examples of adjustments may be a large print or audio application form, location with ramp access, a sign language interpreter or information in large print. You will be able to advise of any arrangements you require as part of the application process.
- Any disabled applicant who meets the essential criteria requirements for the post will be invited to a selection event.
- Veterans whose previous employer has been the armed forces and who meet the essential criteria requirements for the post will be invited to a selection event. You should bring your service record to the interview/selection event.
- If you are the target gender for a Delivering a Fairer Future vacancy and meet the essential criteria requirements for the post you will be invited to a selection event.
- We will normally advise you if you are being invited for an interview or selection event within 2 weeks of the closing date for the post. (For certain posts where a Recruitment Committee or members of a School Board are involved, this timescale may be varied).
- We will give you appropriate notice of the date of the interview or selection event. Where possible the selection event dates will be detailed on the online advert. If you are asked to make a presentation to the selection panel, or take part in an assessment centre, there will be at least 1 week’s notice.
- After the interview or selection event, we will contact the successful applicant as soon as possible, normally within 1 week.
- We aim to issue an offer of appointment within 2 weeks of the interview or selection event. This offer is made subject to satisfactory references, health questionnaire and Disclosure/Protection of Vulnerable Group scheme membership where applicable. Due to the complexity of the offer of appointment these timescales may vary.
- If you have been unsuccessful at a selection event, we will normally advise you within 2 weeks of your interview/selection event.
- Where selection tools or assessment centres are part of the recruitment process applicants will receive detailed communication and instructions and relating to these tools.
If you are invited to attend a selection event, you will be asked to complete the following:
- Protection of Vulnerable Groups / Disclosure / Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act
Applicants will receive a list of relevant documents that must be brought to the selection event. These documents allow us to confirm your right to work in the UK and to support applications where Disclosure / PVG scheme membership is required. Original documentation and a photocopy are required so that the recruitment panel can verify the authenticity of the documents.
- Criminal Conviction Form
Applicants will be issued with a criminal conviction form prior to interview. The form must be completed and returned before attending for interview. Where appropriate the Chair of the panel may ask for further details in relation to information provided on this form.
If you receive an offer of employment, this will be subject to a number of satisfactory checks. You are asked to accept the online offer of employment as quickly as possible in order that checks can commence:
- Health Questionnaire
Where applicable, this online form will be issued to applicants along with their conditional offer of employment and will be sent directly to the Council’s Occupational Health Unit. Where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a medical. If you are appointed, the information will be stored securely stored
References are required for all appointments and must include a current / previous employer. For certain posts we will request references prior to the selection event. References will be verified by the Chair of the Panel and if required any issues will be discussed with you
- We ask you to provide personal details on the Equal Opportunities questionnaire. This information is not revealed to the selection panel but used to monitor our recruitment process.
- In line with the Council’s policy on flexible working, all posts are suitable for flexible working unless advertised to the contrary.
- The information you provide will play a vital part in deciding whether you will be invited to a selection event. It is therefore important that you complete the application form as fully and accurately as possible. Often applicants do not give enough information about themselves and their experience and behaviours/competence.
- An applicant user guide to the on-line application process is available and can be downloaded from the on-line recruitment platform.
- If you are unable to attend the scheduled selection event we will try where possible to make alternative arrangements but this will depend on the urgency to fill the post. The ultimate decision will be made by the Chair of the Recruitment panel.
- Post interview selection feedback is available to all applicants. Contact details are contained within the correspondence issued by the Employee Resourcing Team.
- We are committed to achieving the standards that we have set and to act on feedback from our customers. If you have any comments, or wish to make a formal complaint about the way you have been treated during the recruitment process, then you can email, phone or send a letter to:
Executive Director Finance and Corporate Resources, South Lanarkshire Council, Council Offices, Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA
Phone 01698 454650 or email Recruitment@southlanarkshire.gov.uk