Food and garden waste bins

Some collections in Blantyre and Uddingston are delayed this week and will be collected on Mon 1 Jun. See streets affected

Enrolling your child for school

Children normally start school in August if their 5th birthday falls before 1 March of the following year.

Parents should contact their catchment school to confirm arrangements for registration. If you're not sure which school this is you should contact Education Resources Support Services Unit. It is only the parent the child ordinarily stays with who is authorised to register them. This includes the guardian or any person who is liable to maintain or has parental responsibilities. For more information see the Children (Scotland) Act 1995).

You must take along each child's full birth certificate and two pieces of recent official documentation both containing your permanent home address for example a utility bill, council tax statement, housing rent card, child benefit documentation. Proof of where the child lives may also be needed.

If your child attends the nursery of your catchment school don't assume that they will be automatically transferred. You must enrol them as normal. Please read our page on placing requests for further information.

If your child's birthday is after 1 March, you can still apply to have them admitted early, please read our page on early entry to school.

If you wish your child to have an additional year at nursery, please read our page on deferred entry to school.

Pupil enrolment during the summer holiday period

If you want to enrol your child during the summer holidays, you should contact Education Resources Support Services on 0303 123 1023. 

You will be referred to your local Learning Community Officer who will arrange for your child to be enrolled.

Related content

  1. Enrolling your child for school
  2. Infant enrolment week - January 2020

Education support services helpline

Email: Education support services helpline