Care of gardens scheme
If you're a South Lanarkshire Council tenant who meets the qualifying conditions below you are entitled to our free Care of gardens service.
The scheme is open to households if you are:
- over the age of 70 with no one else between the age of 16-69 living with you
- on Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- registered blind
- in receipt of war disablement pension or benefits through the armed forces compensation scheme
- in possession of a blue badge
Please note that we are unable to maintain any gardens where access via the house is required.
If you don't meet the criteria but feel that you're unable to maintain your garden due to other medical needs then your application may still be considered. In this instance we may ask you to complete a medical form which will be assessed by our independent medical advisor.
If you don't qualify for the free service we can still offer you the Payable service for other tenants and homeowners.
If you already receive this service there is no need to reapply each year.
- Care of gardens scheme
- Payable service for other tenants and homeowners
- Care of gardens service standards