BSL Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Blocked drains

Blocked or bad smelling drains in the garden

Wall and garden areas

If a blocked drain is causing sewage to back up into your garden or bad smells around your down pipes, council tenants should report this to our repairs centre using the contact details shown on this page. Other tenants should call their landlord and owners can contact their own contractor to deal with blocked drains.  If you believe that the problem is related to the main sewer - contact Scottish Water.

Septic tanks

Some houses, particularly in rural areas are not connected to the sewage system and have septic tanks.  These need to be emptied from time to time.  For advice on your septic tank, contact Scottish Water.  If you are concerned about a neighbours septic tank and need advice, contact our Environmental Services team.

Related content

  1. Blocked drains
  2. Blocked or bad smelling drains in the garden
  3. Blocked drains in the roads
  4. Preventing blocked drains

Emergency repairs out-of-hours

Evenings and weekends

Phone: 0800 242024

Housing repairs

Opening hours: Monday - Thursday, 8.45am - 4.45pm Friday, 8.45am - 4.15pm

Phone: 0303 123 1010