What is Housing Benefit?
- Housing Benefit helps pay your rent.
- You can claim if you rent your property from the Council, a housing association or a private landlord.
Do you qualify for Housing Benefit?
- You will need to have less than £16,000 in savings to qualify unless you are receiving Guarantee Credit, in which case there is no savings limit.
- The amount of Housing Benefit you will get depends on the amount of rent you have to pay, the amount of money you have coming in, and the amount of people living in your household.
How to make a claim for Housing Benefit
- The quickest and easiest way to claim Housing Benefit and submit evidence to support your claim is to use the links below.
- Your evidence can be submitted electronically either with your Housing Benefit application or afterward.
Please note, we may ask to see original documents should we require them. For example, we must see original documents as proof of identification. If you are required to provide this proof, you should take your original documents to your local Q and A Office, where they will be photocopied and handed back to you immediately.
- If you are receiving Housing Benefit, you must tell us if your circumstances change.
- Please see our change of circumstances page.