Paying council rent
The average weekly rent in South Lanarkshire for 2019/20 is £70.07
Your rent helps us to deliver many vital services so it is important we get your payment on time. As a Council tenant it is your responsibility to make sure your rent is paid on time. If you are unsure when your rent is due please refer to our fortnightly rent cycles page.
You can now check your Rent account balance online using myaccount.
If you become a new tenant with South Lanarkshire Council you will be required to pay a fortnight's rent in advance at your sign up. If you qualify for housing benefit this will be taken into account.
Ways to pay rent
- Direct Debit is the simplest and our recommended option.
- fortnightly payments - these are taken directly from your bank the Thursday before the payment is due. For example, the rent for dates 21 March to 3 April, would be taken from your bank on 2 April. This would be every fortnight and is not able to be changed to any other dates.
- monthly payments - you choose which date you would prefer - 1st, 7th, 14th, 21st or 28th
Our new online form makes it very easy to arrange your Direct Debit. There’s no paperwork, no posting, no going to the bank. It’s all done very quickly. Try it!
Other ways to pay
Please note: we can't accept payments by American Express or Electron.
- Pay rent online - you can use our secure online payment service. Payment will require your: account reference number and credit or debit card details
- Phone - payments can be made by credit or debit card over the phone. Contact our 24-hour payments call centre. You will need your ten digit cashier number from your notification letter or payment card
- Online banking - payments and standing orders can be made direct to the council's bank account. Sort Code 83-22-26, account number 00146604. Please quote your account reference number
Please note: The Council does not offer discounted payment terms through third party companies and payments should always be made to the Council direct.
24 hour payment call centrePhone: 0303 123 1005
PO Box 20323,
Local housing office
Opening hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.45am - 4.45pm, Wednesday 11am - 4.45pm, Friday 8.45am - 4.15pmPhone: 0303 123 1012