Blue Badge scheme
Apply for, renew or make changes to name or address for Blue Badge
You can apply and renew using our online application.
If you are applying for someone, who because of a mental condition lacks awareness of danger from traffic and are likely to compromise their safety, or the safety of others you cannot apply online. Please contact our Blue Badge team using the contact details shown on this page and request a Risk in Traffic application form. Please include your name and address within the email.
Timescales for processing Blue Badges
Once your application has been received and all relevant documents have been verified, the following timescales will apply:-
- Automatic applications (including those in receipt of Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance, or Personal Independance Payment) - 6 weeks
- Further assessment required (not automatic-qualification) - 6 to 8 weeks
- Risk in Traffic application - 6 weeks
Reporting a change in name or address
To report a change, please email our Blue Badge team using the contact details shown on this page. Please include old and new details to allow us to update our records. There is no requirement to report a change in vehicle as a Blue Badge can be used in any vehicle that the badge holder is travelling in.
- Who can apply for a Blue Badge
- Apply for, renew or make changes to name or address for Blue Badge
- Pay for a Blue Badge
- If my application is refused
- Report a lost or stolen Blue Badge or return a Blue Badge
- Report misuse of a Blue Badge