Update photograph

If the photograph on your National Entitlement Card no longer resembles your current appearance, you can request to update it.

To do this you must provide a passport style and quality photograph reflecting your current appearance, and photographic proof of identity. You will also have to complete a request form which you can pick up from one of the libraries listed below.

The request form will ask you to provide the following:

  • your current card number (which usually begins 6332)
  • your name and address
  • your date of birth
  • the reason you wish to update your photograph, e.g. photograph is no longer easily recognisable as you
  • Your signature

You should take all of the above in person to one of the below locations, where a member of staff will verify your identity and pass your documents on to the relevant department:

If all of the information provided is accurate, the process to update your photograph will take 2-3 weeks. Once the record has been updated a new card will be sent to you showing the new photograph.

Information on Update photograph