Annual report 2017-2018
As required by Section 32 of the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015, South Lanarkshire Council is providing the following information in respect of Participation Requests received by the Council in the reporting year 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018. In that year:-
Number of Participation Requests received by the Council
Three Participation Requests were received in this year.
Outcome of requests received by the Council
- Agreed – Two
- Refused – One
Number of requests which resulted in changes to a public service provided by or on behalf of the Council
The two Participation Requests which were accepted by the Council are still ongoing. Accordingly at the date of this report there have been no changes to any public services provided by the Council.
The following actions were taken by the Council to:-
1. Promote the use of Participation Requests.
The Council's website contains a section relation to Participation Requests and how to make such requests to the Council This also contains a link to:-
- The Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015;
- the Scottish Government Guidance;
- Scottish Community Development Centre Guidance;
- Participation Request Application Form with associated guidance. An email address and phone number are provided so that people considering making a Participation Request can contact the Council for guidance.
2. Supporting a community to participation body in the making of a Participation Request.
- There have only been three requests received by the Council in this year, two of which were made by Community Councils who were clearly knowledgeable about the process and the information required to be submitted.
- A third Community Council failed to provide all the necessary information in their first contact with the Council. The Council responded advising them of the information which was required. Following this a successful Participation Request was made.
If you have any questions regarding this Report or wish any information regarding Participation Requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0303 123 1015 and ask to speak to the Participation Request Officer.