Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Occasional Licences

If you want to sell alcohol in an unlicensed premises, for example for a special event or occasion, you must apply for an occasional licence. this could include a wedding reception for a non-member at a members' club.

For this you must be either a premises licence holder or a personal licence holder unless you are applying on behalf of a voluntary organisation.  

How to apply

You can apply online.

How is the application dealt with

An application for an occasional licence must be made at least 28 days before the proposed start date of the Licence.

A copy of the application is sent to Police Scotland and the Licensing Standards Officer. The application many also be sent to any other relevant council services depending on the type of event. The application is advertised on the council website.

Can anyone object?

Yes. Notification of the application will be put on the website for seven days during which anyone can object.

How much does it cost?


Layout plans

If you are holding an event in a barn, marquee or other moveable structure you must submit additional information with your application, for example, a legible layout plan preferably to scale identifying the area where alcohol is to be sold or consumed and location of fire fighting equipment, emergency lighting and any raised staging, and fire retardant certificates for marquees. Please contact the Licensing and Registration office for more information. 

A legible layout plan preferably to scale is also required when you submit an application for an external area adjacent to licensed premises.