BSL Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Late hours catering licence

If your premises sell meals or refreshments between 11pm and 5am you need a Late hours catering licence. This includes drinks, chewing gum and things that could be considered ingredients used in food preparation. It doesn't include live animals, animal feed or medicines. If you need more detail you should contact the Licensing and Registration office.

If you are buying a catering business from someone else you cannot transfer their licence to you - you need to apply for a new one.

How to apply

If you already have a licence, you may wish to make changes to its terms, you can also do this online

How the application is dealt with

If you haven't heard from us within 28 days please contact Licensing and registration services and we will let you know about your application's progress.

You must bring proof of identification when you collect your documents.

If someone else is collecting them for you, they must bring something in writing from you stating that you give your permission. This must be signed by you and give the details of the person who is collecting your documents. The signature on the letter will be compared with the signature on the application form. We will not accept an email.

Can anyone object?

Once we have your application there is a 28-day objection period. Your application will be copied and sent to Police Scotland for any comments or objections they may have.

How much does it cost?

Full licence fee - £351.92
Temporary licence fee - £351.92

Related content

  1. Late hours catering licence
  2. Late hours catering guidance
  3. Conditions of licence