Young Carers Service
The Young Carers Service raises awareness, identifies and provides direct support to children and young people who look after or help to look after someone in their family who is unwell or disabled, including children caring for parents who have mental health or substance misuse problems.
The direct support it provides includes:
- Young Carers Needs Assessment
- personal support, advice and guidance
- individual and group support
- activities during school holidays
- short and residential breaks
- help to access specialist services
- help to access universal services such as leisure and youth services
The service is provided by Action for Children who work in partnership with Social Work Resources.