Local transport strategy
- outlines the strategy for the council's roads and transportation plans
- looks to how the roads and transportation system will develop in the short and long term
- is about making sure that transport supports regeneration and sustainable development
- sets out improvements in the quality and safety of roads and transportation
- aims to improve health by encouraging walking and cycling
It is used to help steer our transport investment programme.
It links with a series of regional and local plans, dealing with both transport and land use planning. See also development plans.
For more information contact Community and Enterprise Resources.