Buy with confidence
Any business operating in the South Lanarkshire area can apply to be a member of Buy with Confidence. To do this they must go through a vetting process, carried out by Trading Standards Services.
- background checks, including financial and court checks, desktop audits and on site audits that include an audit of contractual terms and conditions, advertising and websites
- confirmation of membership of trade associations and codes of practice
- reviews of customer services policies and complaints procedures and confirmation that they comply with Trading Standards legislation
- confirmation that the business has the appropriate insurance cover
- assessments of previous trading history and complaints made to the Trading Standards Service
- reference checks with a minimum of two references from existing customers
- criminal records checks on employees of those businesses that carry out work in or around domestic premises to protect vulnerable persons and to minimise the risk of doorstep crime
- continuous audit and monitoring to ensure compliance with the scheme with the use of arbitration, mediation and civil and criminal enforcement where appropriate
To find out more watch our Buy With Confidence, South Lanarkshire film.