SSE Clyde wind farm fund
Over the life of the Fund it is expected that £17.5 million will be invested in local projects.
The funding is provided by SSE Renewables and is currently worth around £820,000 a year. It is administered by
South Lanarkshire Council on SSE’s behalf.
The Fund has two distinct elements:
The community fund
This is a grant awarding fund and receives 70% of the annual income.
South Lanarkshire communities within 15km of the wind farm are eligible to apply.
This fund provides financial support for capital projects that meet one of the Fund priorities. In summary these are :-
- to secure investment, create employment, implement training, promote or secure sustainable development
- to relieve or prevent poverty, advance education and other social purposes beneficial to a community
- to preserve, protect or enhance the environment or heritage of Scotland
- to promote and encourage environmental improvement or enhancement
- to provide or assist in the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time activities or the organisation of recreational activities
- for the advancement of citizenship or community development
- for the advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science
- for the relief of those in need by reason of age, ill-health disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage
- for the advancement of public participation in sport
There are two funding options –
- the small grant scheme - provides grants of less than £5000 and up to 100% of total 'eligible' costs.
- the community fund – provides grants over £5000 with a requirement for match funding.
The development fund
This Fund receives 30% of the annual income. This Fund provides support for the delivery of employability and training projects that benefit communities/residents South Lanarkshire wind.
For more information contact Community and Enterprise Resources.