Additional Support Needs teachers in mainstream classes
Our mainstream schools have help from a range of teachers for pupils with additional support needs.
Early Years Specialist Support
- Offer advice and support to nurseries and help with the transition to primary school.
Specialist Support (primary and secondary)
- Gives advice and support to schools with some assessment of pupils. They also help with the transition from primary to secondary school and from secondary school to college, university or into work.
- Offer advice and support and work with pupils who have social, emotional and behavioural needs.
English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Give advice and support and work with families where English is not their first language.
- Offer advice and support on hearing and visual impairment, working directly with pupils.