Click to listen

Personal Licence - for managers of licensed premises

As well as the premises licence, whoever manages and operates a premise which sells alcohol must have a personal licence.

A personal licence authorises the holder to supervise or authorise the sale of alcohol. The premises licence holder and the personal licence holder do not have to be the same person however the premises manager must be notified.

If you already have a licence and want to make any changes or renew your licence you should contact the Licensing office for a username or password. This will allow you to apply online.

To become a personal licence holder you must pass a course by a trainer approved by the SQA.

Personal licence applications cost £50 and last for 10 years.

How to apply

You can apply online or contact the Licensing and Registration office and you must bring proof of identification when you collect your documents. 

If someone else is collecting them for you, they must bring something in writing from you stating that you give your permission. This must be signed by you and give the details of the person who is collecting your documents. The signature on the letter will be compared with the signature on the application form. We will not accept an email.

For more information contact Licensing Services.