Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Starting a new food business

Planning permission for your food business

If the premises you have chosen hasn't been a food business before or you are setting up a business from your home please contact your local planning office for advice about planning permission.

Also, if your food business involves hot-food takeaway and the premises are not used for that at the moment (even if they are used as a restaurant or café), then you should contact your local planning office about planning permission.

If the premises require building work or renovation you should contact your local planning office about building regulations.