The further rollout of a pilot scheme to introduce free breakfast clubs is being implemented in all primary schools in the 2019/20 school session.
Contact is being made with parents to establish uptake levels and clubs should be up and running early in the new session.
Timeline for the pilot was:
- Introduction of breakfast club in five schools April to May 2018
- Introduction of breakfast club in a further 35 schools from August 2018
- Initial evaluation of breakfast club pilot December 2018
- Final evaluation of breakfast club pilot April 2019
- Full roll out of breakfast clubs August 2019
The proposal to begin to implement free breakfast clubs was one of a number of new initiatives agreed on 28 February 2018 by the Council’s Executive Committee.