Rent arrears

Falling behind with your rent can lead to your landlord evicting you or your house being repossessed.

You should take advice as soon as possible.

If you have rent arrears you should speak to a money advisor or solicitor as soon as possible to find out what options you have and how to deal with your bank, building society or landlord.

There are laws protecting homeowners and tenants who fall behind with payments.

If you are a South Lanarkshire Council tenant and are experiencing difficulties with paying your rent on time please refer to our page on Problems paying rent or contact our local housing office for further advice.

You can now check your Rent account balance online using myaccount.