Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Rent Income Support Team

Our specialist Rent Income Support Team can help Council tenants affected by welfare reform changes including Universal Credit (UC) and the under-occupancy deduction. Some of these changes are significant and you may be worried about how you are going to manage. The most important thing to do is ask for help. The team can help you to plan, prepare and provide you with the relevant support, including:

  • support to understand how the changes may affect your household
  • advice on the best rent payment options to suit your circumstances
  • in certain circumstances apply for a Managed Payment to Landlord for your rent to be paid direct from your UC claim
  • help claim other benefits
  • referrals to specialist services like fuel debt and debt advice

If you need further information you can see our Universal Credit page or you can get in touch with us using the details shown

If you are having problems paying your rent, help is also available from your Housing Officer at your local housing office. Please see our Problems paying rent page for more help and advice.

Rent Income Support Team

Please note our phone lines don't open until 11am on a Wednesday.

Phone: 0303 123 1012
Email: Rent Income Support Team