Non-domestic rates charges - what you pay
A number of things determine what the annual rates bill will be for your property:
- each year the Scottish Government set the rate poundage (for 2018/19 it is 48p in the pound)
- this figure is then multiplied by the rateable value, which produces the rates payable for this year
- minus any applicable reductions or plus any additional charges
Visit the mygov.scot website for more information and a quick rates calculator.
Annual business rates bills are issued in April for the period from 1 April to 31 March. Payments are due by 10 monthly instalments (May to February) or twice yearly (June and December). The non domestic rates team can provide:
- bills in a different format or language
- balance and account information
- guidance on reliefs available
The Scottish Assessors Association holds details on rateable values and how these are set.
Visit Water Industry Commission for Scotland for information on non domestic water and waste water charges (charged separately by your chosen provider).