BSL Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Food safety complaints

Food safety - making a complaint

If you have found something in your food try not to touch it and leave it undisturbed, seal it up and keep in the freezer if you can. Contact Environmental Services and let them know where and when you found the problem, any proof of purchase and any witnesses.

What we can investigate

  • food being "off"
  • food being past its "Use by" or "best before" date
  • food which has been contaminated in some way
  • watered down alcohol
  • food which hasn't been labelled properly
  • the food wasn't the type of food you asked for, e.g. a vegetarian being given meat
  • if you are ill after eating food from somewhere
  • concerns over hygiene somewhere you have been.

Food poisoning

If you were ill after eating food from somewhere in South Lanarkshire, or somewhere else, let us know as soon as you can. We will take some details and look into it further. You should also contact you GP as soon as possible.

Any complaints about food safety are followed up within two working days. Environmental Health Officers will keep you up-to-date on all the major points of your complaint and let you know of the outcome. Please see our food poisoning page for more information.

Environmental Services

Phone: 0303 123 1015