Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Power cuts

If your house or business loses power the first thing to do is check whether your neighbours are affected too. If they are you should phone the national power cut helpline on 105 - never assume they already know about the fault. You can check your postcode online first to see if it has been reported on the SP Networks postcode checker webpage.

You should also call the number above if you see any of the following:

  • damaged equipment or lines
  • overhead lines that are on the ground or low enough to be touched by people or cars
  • sparking overhead wires that are twisted or pushed together by tree branches
  • broken substation fences
  • damaged electricity manhole covers that leave equipment exposed

If there are any exposed cables on the road or pavement you should dial 999.

For more information please go to