Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman

After we have fully investigated, if you are still dissatisfied with our decision or the way we handled your complaint, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to look at it.

The SPSO cannot normally look at:

  • a complaint that has not completed our complaints procedures (so please make sure it has done so before contacting the SPSO).  We will tell you in our final response that your complaint has completed the procedure
  • events that happened, or that you became aware of, more than a year ago; or
  • a matter that has been or is being considered in court or has a right of appeal to a tribunal

If you are not sure whether they can look into your complaint, call them on freephone 0800 377 7330 and one of their advice officers or complaints reviewers will take your call and will be able to discuss your complaint and other related issues with you.

You can find out more about this procedure, or make a complaint, by contacting them:

Freephone: 0800 377 7330
Online contact:

By post:  Freepost SPSO (This single line address is all that you need to write on the envelope and no stamp is required)

In person:

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
Bridgeside House
99 McDonald Road
Edinburgh EH7 4NS