Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Eviction - what you need to know

The council can apply to the courts to end your tenancy and evict you. Eviction is a last resort and is only used if everything else has failed. This normally only applies if: 

  • you don't pay your rent
  • anyone living in or visiting your home has behaved in an anti-social way

If you are being evicted for either of the above reasons, you should contact your local housing office for advice. You can also contact your local social work office.

If you can pay your outstanding rent before the eviction you must let the court team know before making payment.

For independent advice on your situation you should contact a solicitor, Shelter or the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Web rent