Electric Vehicle Charging point installations at council properties
Electric vehicle charging points make it easy for eco-friendly drivers to charge electric cars while they are on the go. However, we understand that tenants will want to charge their electric cars from home so we have provided answers to some frequently asked questions regarding installing charging points at your home.
As a council tenant, it is a condition of your tenancy agreement if you want to make an alteration to your property, that you need our written permission. This includes installing an electric vehicle charging point at your council property.
You can apply for permission using our online form. Before you begin, you will be asked to provide a copy of the following documentation:
- The Installer’s Electrotechnical Certification Scheme Grade Card (ECS – this must evidence the latest qualifications in line with BS7671 IET Wiring Regulations)
- Evidence details SELECT or NICEIC Registration (Approved Contractor)
- Evidence of training specific to Electric Vehicle Charging Installations
- Evidence of notification to the Distribution Network Operator (such as Scottish Power)
To view other charge point locations in South Lanarkshire, see Electric vehicle charging.
- Electric Vehicle Charging point installations at council properties
- Home charger installations - frequently asked questions