Making changes to plans

Minor changes

How to apply

If you want to make minor changes to your plans after planning permission has been granted you can apply for a non-material variation. All requests are compared with the original plans.

A change can be material or non-material and will depend on what effect the change will make, for example moving a window could be material if then overlooks a neighbouring property, but would be non-material if it does not. Each case is different will be considered on its own merit.

How much will it cost?

There is no fee for a non-material variation.

When you will get a decision?

There is no need for us to carry out neighbour notification for a non-material variation and we aim to issue a decision to you within 21 days of receiving your application.

Material changes

If a change is considered material you will need to submit a new planning application. You can do this online using ePlanning Scotland.

How much will it cost?

There is no fee if the amendment is for a development of the same character or description by the same applicant, for the same site (or part of the same site) within 12 months of receiving permission.

When you will get a decision?

An amended application is treated as a new planning application. We will have two or four months to make a decision on the application, depending on the nature and scale of the proposal.