Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Community Addiction Recovery Services (CAReS)


Who is this service for?

If you think you are dependent on alcohol or drugs you should contact the Community Addiction Recovery Service within your area.

What help do we offer?

CAReS can provide a full assessment of your needs and co-ordinate your health and social care recovery plan with you. This may include help with detoxing from alcohol or drugs, substitute prescribing, talking therapies or harm reduction information. We will also encourage you to explore other ways of gaining support in your recovery, by thinking about important relationships within your life and local community (for example mutual aid groups).

If you have been referred from another service (for example Children and Family Social Work or Criminal Justice) we will help you to think through how your alcohol or drug problem is affecting these important areas of your life. We can also provide help with housing or employment as part of your recovery plan.

We have a combination of health and social care staff within our service. Once we have had a chance to speak to you, we will work out together the best person to help you in your recovery.

How can I get help from CAReS?

Your GP or social care professional can refer you to the service in your area.

Where will I be seen?

We can see you in a variety of places, including health centres, local social work offices, or at home if required.

When is the service available?

We are generally open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm on a Friday.

CAReS also works together with a number of support organisations which may be useful to you. If you need help urgently however, please contact your GP, out of hours NHS24 on 111 or the out of hours social work service on 0303 123 1008.

Our contact details


Clydesdale Social Work Locality
Council Offices, South Vennel, Lanark, ML11 7JT
Phone: 01555 673578
Carluke Community Health Centre
40 Chapel Street, Carluke, ML8 4BA
Phone: 01698 754440


Rutherglen/Cambuslang Social Work Locality
Cambuslang Gate, Main Street, Cambuslang, G72 7HB
Phone: 0141 584 2515


Hamilton Social Work Locality Office
Brandon Gate, Leechlee Road, Hamilton, ML3 0XB
Phone: 01698 455400
Douglas Street Community Health Clinic
19 Douglas Street, Hamilton, ML3 0DR
Phone: 01698 368711

East Kilbride

East Kilbride Social Work Locality Office
Civic Centre, Andrew Street, East Kilbride, G74 1AD
Phone: 01355 807000
Hunter Health Community Centre
Andrew Street, East Kilbride, G74 1AD
Phone: 01698 753956