Members of the Scottish Parliament MSPs
Everyone who lives in Scotland has eight MSPs to represent them in the Scottish Parliament.
They have a local constituency MSP and seven regional MSPs. The Regional MSPs cover a larger geographical area. To find out which MSPs represent you please enter your postcode and then click the local information button on the left. Scroll down to see who your MSPs are:
The Scottish Parliament has powers to pass laws for Scotland on education, health, culture and the arts, local government, housing, social work, police and fire services, agriculture and environment, some aspects of transport including roads and buses and tourism.
Members of the Scottish Parliament also scrutinise the work and policies of the Scottish Government.
The latest elections to the Scottish Parliament took place on Thursday 6 May 2021.
Please click on the links for the five Scottish Parliamentary Constituencies in our area, four of whom are entirely within South Lanarkshire (Clydesdale, East Kilbride, Hamilton, Larkhall and Stonehouse, Rutherglen) and Uddingston and Bellshill which includes some residents from the South Lanarkshire area.
- Members of the Scottish Parliament MSPs
- Clydesdale Scottish Parliamentary Constituency
- East Kilbride Scottish Parliamentary Constituency
- Hamilton, Larkhall and Stonehouse Scottish Parliamentary Constituency
- Rutherglen Scottish Parliamentary Constituency
- Uddingston and Bellshill Scottish Parliamentary Constituency