Speaking at a planning committee
What can't I talk about?
The committee can only make its decision on what are called 'material considerations'.
You can't talk about non-planning things, such as private property rights, competition, moral issues, loss of view and property value.
But you can talk about things such as:
- planning policies in the local and structure plans
- government advice and policy
- highway safety and traffic
- noise, smell and disturbance
- design and external appearance
- the impact on your residential amenity - this is the benefits you enjoy from the physical external space around your home