|Description||Like many churches in Clydesdale, Symington was established in the 12th century. There is no evidence of the original church but the present church which dates back to the mid 1800s is believed to occupy its position. The oldest stone found is dated 1629. The graveyard also contains a watch house erected in the late 19th century as a protection against 'resurrectionists' - grave robbers. The cemetery extension was added in 1929. Lairs can only be purchased at the time of burial within this cemetery. There are records available from 1930.