Rapid Rehousing Transition Plan
Rapid Rehousing Transition Plan 2019-2024
This is our first Rapid Rehousing Transition Plan (RRTP) and sets out how we will work as a partnership to be bold and act wisely to bring about a step change in addressing homelessness.
We will take a planned and measured approach, setting targets annually, to achieve the South Lanarkshire RRTP vision: ‘Homelessness in South Lanarkshire is significantly reduced, with homeless households moving to a settled home as quickly as possible’
Co-produced with partner organisations, the RRTP includes five high-level and ambitious priority objectives that we aim to achieve in South Lanarkshire over 2019-2024, which are:
- Prevent homelessness from occurring and significantly reduce homelessness
- Significantly reduce the time spent by households in temporary accommodation and minimise moves before moving to settled homes
- Improve and increase the provision of housing support for households to live independently within communities
- Expand the scope and capacity of our Housing First approach to be the first response for households with multiple complex needs
- Enhance integration and partnership working to embed RRTP through a whole systems approach
This approach aligns with both the Scottish Government’s national vision and principles for Rapid Rehousing, and South Lanarkshire’s Local Housing Strategy 2017-2022. You can also view our Rapid Rehousing Transition Plan - Annual Review 2019/20 for further information.