Climate Emergency and Social Enterprise Grants
Climate Emergency and Resilience Fund grant application guidance
Before you begin
This guidance relates to grant applications for the Climate Emergency and Resilience Fund.
In South Lanarkshire, Climate Emergency and Resilience Grants are available to community groups and organisations who need funding to pursue environmental, sustainability, or climate change projects.
What is a Climate Emergency and Resilience Grant?
This scheme has been created to allow local community groups and partner organisations operating in the South Lanarkshire Council area to apply for small amounts of funding to pursue environmental, sustainability or climate change projects.
How much can I apply for?
Up to £2,500 (but more funding may be available for flood protection, energy efficiency or renewable energy projects). If you want to discuss the eligibility of a project please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can it be used for?
The fund can be used for community projects which embrace the council’s climate change, sustainability, and climate adaptation objectives:
- Improved air quality
- Increased climate resilience
- Improved resource efficiency
- Increased active travel opportunities
- Increased/enhanced urban greenspace
- Improved outdoor access
- Reduction in the reliance of fossil fuels
- Improved energy efficiency
- The use of renewable technology
- Increased renewable energy generation
- Reduction in waste
- Supporting the circular economy
- Adapting to climate change e.g. flood protection
Who can apply?
Applicants should either be a community group officially operating in South Lanarkshire Council or a partner organisation.
When can I apply?
One application can be made each financial year.
When will a decision be made?
A decision will be made within 30 days unless additional supporting information has been requested.
What can the fund not be used for?
- Proposals that do not benefit residents or pupils within South Lanarkshire
- The repayment of debt or loans
- To pay group volunteers or organisational employees
- Costs already incurred
The group /organisation applying for grant funding is responsible for:
- Ensuring there is a demonstrable link to the aims of the council’s climate change, sustainability, and climate adaptation objectives
- That any proposals in a public space are approved in advance to ensure that required safety standards and maintenance arrangements are agreed
- Submitting a quote relating to the grant fund application
- Groups/organisations must have an official bank account and council resources will supply a cost centre to which the funds will be credited
- Ensuring that relevant risk assessments and safe systems of work are in place and that activities are adequately supervised
- Tracking public funds and accepting that the council has a right to access information pertaining to grants awarded
- Providing at least a six monthly update on the progress of the project and its benefit outcomes (this information may be used as part of an annual progress report to the council’s Climate Change and Sustainability Committee)
- Offering full cooperation and assistance if the council requests information on financial issues
- Applications will be considered on a first-come, first serve basis
- If your application is successful, you may not apply for a further grant in the same financial year
- If your application is unsuccessful, you may reapply
- Grants received must be spent within the specified period as agreed with South Lanarkshire Council and set out within the grant award letter. Evidence of spend must be supplied prior to this date. If not, recipients will be required to return funds to the council prior to the financial year-end
- If annual funds are depleted, applications can be resubmitted the following financial year
- The council’s decision on grant applications is final
- Failure to follow the agreed reporting/evidence procedure following an award may result in future applications being rejected
If you need further information or assistance in completing the application, contact email@example.com