Early Learning and Childcare charges and exemptions
Nursery charges and exemptions
Where available additional nursery hours may be purchased. The availability of hours and payments should be discussed with the Head of Establishment. Payments for this service are made through ParentPay.
If you meet the following criteria you may be exempt for nursery charges:
- Children who have been looked-after* by a foster carer or a family member at any time since their 2nd birthday
- Children who come from households/families seeking work and are in receipt of the following benefits or credits:
- Income Support (IS)
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit and based on an income threshold
- Child tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and based on an income threshold
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit and your household take-home pay based on a threshold.
* This includes looked after by a local council, the subject of a kinship care order and the subject of a guardianship order.
For further advice on eligibility and current income thresholds this can be found on the Council’s website as well as the Scottish Government's guidelines.
If you think you may be eligible for an exemption to nursery changes please complete the Early Years Exemption form.
Scottish Child Payment
You may be eligible for the Scottish Child Payment for any child you have under 6 years of age, subject to being in receipt of specific benefits.
Parents can apply as follows:
- Online at the MyGov.Scot website
- By phone: 0800 182 2222
- By post – you can download a form from the MyGov.Scot website and post it to Social Security Scotland (SSS) or you can contact SSS on 0800 182 2222 and ask for a form to be posted to your home address. Once completed you should return this form to: Social Security Scotland, PO Box 27155, Glasgow, G4 7DX. If you need a prepaid envelope, you can call SSS free on 0800 182 2222 and they will send you one.
Further advice on benefits and grants can be found on the MyGov.Scot website.
- Early Learning and Childcare charges and exemptions