Nursery charges and exemptions
Where available additional nursery hours may be purchased. This should be discussed with the nursery. Payments for this service are made through Parent Pay.
If you meet the following criteria you may be exempt for nursery charges:
- Children who have been looked-after* by a foster carer or a family member at any time since their 2nd birthday
- Children who come from households/families seeking work and are in receipt of the following benefits or credits:
- Income Support (IS)
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit and based on an income threshold
- Child tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and based on an income threshold
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit and your household take-home pay based on a threshold.
* This includes looked after by a local council, the subject of a kinship care order and the subject of a guardianship order.
For further advice on eligibility and current income thresholds this can be found on the Council’s website as well as the Scottish Government's guidelines.
If you think you may be eligible for an exemption to nursery changes please complete the Early Years Exemption form.
Music tuition payments
When the service resumes, payments can be made through ParentPay.
Privilege transport payments
If your child doesn't qualify for free school transport, or if they are not travelling from their permanent home address, you can apply for paid transport - we call it privilege transport.
This will only be provided where there is a space on an existing school contract and will be from and to designated pick-up and drop-off points. It will not be provided where a service bus is used on the school run.
The payment options are arranged by area. You will then need to select the name of the school and school term for which you are applying for transport:
- Privilege transport Clydesdale area
- Privilege transport East Kilbride area
- Privilege transport Hamilton area
- Privilege transport Rutherglen and Cambuslang area
* You can pay with most major credit or debit cards (except Diners Card or American Express).
For information or assistance with Education payments please contact Education Support Services on 01698 454102.
- Education payments