Click to listen

Private water supplies

If you have a private water supply it needs to be checked by us for bacterial and chemical levels.

How often this needs done depends on how much water is used and if it is used for any commercial or public activity, for example dairy farms, bed and breakfasts or food manufacturers.

We may charge for sampling. There are grants available to bring the water up to standard if it fails or if a risk assessment highlights a potential problem.

For more information and charges read the The Private Water Supplies (Scotland) Regulations 2006.

For more information about our service contact Environmental Services.